Friday, 12 April 2013

Stacking the Shelves (1)

 
 
Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews.
 
This is only a small haul because I am supposed to be on a book buying ban, but it's not really going too well. I bought 3 books, was gifted one and got the odd ones for review!
 
Bought
 
 
Going Out by Scarlett Thomas - Reading this one at the moment, and loving it so far! It's a wacky retelling of the Wizard of Oz and it's just as hilarious as the other books I have read by her.
 
Bright Young Things by Scarlett Thomas - This one sounds like a modern version of Lord of the Flies. I'm really looking forward to it!

 
PopCo by Scarlett Thomas - Yeah, I went on a bit of a Scarlett Thomas spree. This one sounds really weirdly amazing, like all of her other stuff, and JUST LOOK AT THAT COVER.
 
Gifted
 
 
The Host by Stephenie Meyer - My mum bought me this book after I had been going on about wanting to read it for ages (thanks, Mum!) I'm really looking forward to it, but it is a HUUGE book!
 
Review
 
 
Arabelle's Shadows by Fleur Gaskin - Don't know too much about this one, but it looks pretty good and the cover is amazing!
 
Those are all the books I got, but I'm sure there'll be some more soon. Let me know what you thought of any of them below!
 

1 comment:

  1. I've just finished reading Bright Young Things by Scarlett Thomas. It was very different from The End of Mr Y but it was still a great read. It has loads of references to television, music and general life in 1999 and it was great fun reminiscing as I read. I read this book purely on the strength of Mr Y and I wasn't disappointed even though both books are vastly different. I hope you enjoy it, I'm thinking of moving onto Popco next so will be interested to see what you think.

    ReplyDelete