Tuesday, 22 January 2013

Tin Tin in the Land of the Soviets by Hergé


Tintin in the Land of the SovietsIn his debut adventure, Tintin is pursued by Bolshevik agents trying to prevent him from exposing the new Soviet regime. Punctuated by slapstick and political revelations, this story is based on the writings of an anticommunist Belgian ex-consul to the Ukraine. Herge's early style revealed strong graphics, influenced by photo-reporting from the period, marking the historic debut of a major artist.

This book was the first graphic novel that I had dared to go near to in a long time, as I generally do not enjoy them at all. However, I am glad to say that this book changed my mind!

The plot was very fast paced and easy to laugh along with, even if it was a little unbelievable. I liked how Tin Tin and Snowy moved around so much, and how everything that took place was just so ridiculous.

The illustrations were great, and really brought the story to life for me. As there is not much text, the book was extremely quick to get through, but the illustrations reinforced everythig that was written and realy made the whole experience a lot more enjoyable.

I loved Tin Tin and especaily Snowy as main characters. Tin Tin handled various situations very well, but Snowy’s sarcastic comments throughout really made me laugh.

Overall, a great read. Not quite as good as reading a novel, but better than any other comic I have read before. 4/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment